Wednesday, 23 April 2014
A Change of Mind
A friend of mine was looking for donations for a silent auction and I said I would crochet something for him. Since I am trying to appeal to a broad range of potential bidders, I decided to not go with my usual quirky style, and decided on an afghan. The original pattern called for a varigated yarn and three solids. I picked three colors out of the varigated yarn and thought they looked nice together. As I started working, I became more and more unsure of the color combination.
I didn't frog it, but I put it away for now. If someone is going to pay good money for something and I am going to put my name on it, I want to be sure about it. I might be feeling these colors more in the fall or something. So I restarted in new colors. I also decided that instead of a varigated yarn to go with a heathered grey in effort to not make the colors not so distracting. This blanket is made with Red Heart Soft in Heather Grey, Lilac, Berry, and Grape on a 5mm hook. The original pattern can be found here.